10.12.2008

namby pamby

So, its 1am and for some stupid reason I'm posting instead of sleeping. This will be short because I'm tired. In honor of KR being on this earth for 4 weeks tomorrow, here are some things I've learned over the past month:

1) A well-fed baby is a happy baby

2)Don't fully wake a baby for middle-of-the night feedings. the best thing to do is keep them in sleep-zone, anticipate when they are waking up and shove a bottle in their mouths (I mean, gently feed them) asap. twilight is not for cuddling and canoodling, it's about meeting those basic needs at the base of Maslow's pyramid.

3) Althought nursing is supposed to be the most natural thing in the world, it HURTS. It is difficult and you are not a bad mother if you can't do it as consistently as you would like (or at all). I wasn't breastfed and I turned out ok, right?

4) I love Desitin. My child has neck rolls for days and this is the only thing that seems to be taking care of her heat rash. it's an ugly sight, but I thank god for the milky white paste!

5) Namby Pamby (n.) - A person who is unable to make a decision. aka, my child when she is tired. She wants a pacifier, she doesn't want a pacifier...she wants to be held, she doesn't want to be held...she likes her swing/chair/crib, she doesn't like her swing/chair/crib (you get the picture).

6) I have never truly, fully loved anyone before this person (namby pamby or not) came into my life

Here are some recent pictures of KR that I have taken around the house (again, with my phone, so I apologize for the poor quality)

in the crib waiting for bath time to commence:

In her carseat (which she hates, by the way):


Post-bath in the bouncy chair

So, I'm sure this is the most lame (or lamest) post ever, but charge it to the fact that I'm sleep deprived and it's 1am. ha.

3 comments:

Ali said...

I thought this was a great post! Amen to the breastfeeding comment, and the namby pamby. Neck rolls are an amazing thing, aren't they? I never knew milk could harbor little colonies so quickly. I think Miles is starting his own cheese factory sometimes. (Too gross?) K looks so loveable, and I hope that we can "canoodle" sometime!

Crystal Artis said...

cute post! love the pics! she's adorable!

The Shirley's said...

I am a bad friend. I have not blogged or checked bloggs in months and I have missed you having this beautiful baby girl!!! She is perfect and I am so happy for you. You are going to be a GREAT mom!!!!!
love ya
Randi