3.17.2009

KR's buddy


So, it seems as though my little girl has found a buddy in daycare.  Since moving to the "big kid's" table, the above blatant PDA has been a daily occurance.  Apparently this is the current hot topic among the daycare teachers, although I had never seen it until this morning when I dropped her off.   The little boy in the picture--I'll call him J--has taken on the personal task of making my baby's transition to big-kiddom as easy as possible.  You can't tell by his size, but he's twice her age.  I know, that means he's only 1 year old, but he's an older boy nonetheless.  J helps KR swing when it's her turn to swing.  Even though it's an automatic swing, he feels that it would be really nice if he pushed the bottoms of her feet to make her go even faster.  He tries to wipe food from her mouth if she spills at lunchtime.  Eventhough she knows how to hold her own bottle, he likes to help her bear the load...it's so cute...Plus, her daycare is in a church and he's the bishop's grandson!!! BONUS!


Now why is it that as cute and wonderful as this is, I can't get my mind to stop focusing on the fact that the rapid transfer of germs in babies is often launched from this kind of friendship?  Maybe he's the one who gave my baby that nasty cold last week!

3 comments:

Amy said...

KR's got a boyfriend, KR's got a boyfriend... :) Just kidding. she is such a cutie pie. If I lived in Atlanta I would offer free babysitting :)

Crystal Artis said...

this is too cute! kr and j sitting in a tree--sharing germs and whatnot!!! i love it! j has got a pretty cool haircut btw...

Silky Jess said...

Oh my gosh, that picture, and the whole "boyfriend" thing, is too adorable!