So, its June 4th and already it's incredibly hot outside. I'm usually a lover of the summer, even of humidity and sweat. However, this summer me no likey!
"Hotlanta" is truly living up to its famous moniker and being now 30 whopping pounds over my normal weight is starting to take its toll on my body. For instance, I can no longer sit at my desk for longer than 5 minutes without my feet throbbing. They start to feel swollen (although they don't appear to be) and they tingle/hurt like when your foot falls asleep and you try standing up to walk on it. I have tried everything from changing my shoes (from sandals to flip flops to sneakers) to taking frequent walks. I drink plenty of water, so I can't even begin to fathom what the problem could be...other than my rapid weight gain and the fact that its 95 degrees outside at 10am!!! (go figure)
I have even had to completely rearrange my desk setup at work so that I can prop my feet up in a chair...see!
And you'd be delighted to know that the huge black binder of death that my keyboard is balanced on is my dissertation stuff! See, school is always on my brain :0)
Anyway, enough complaints. Here are some recent self-taken belly shots. I have the weekly ones in my camera at home but I keep forgetting (preggo dementia) to bring my memory card to work so, you'll just have to settle for pictures a la blackberry. tres chic, non?
Here's my 25 week belly from the side...
here's my belly et al. from the front
...and here's my face, which many of you haven't seen in ages. Thankfully, most of my weight seems to be going to to body parts between my belly and my knees. My Spelman friends will appreciate it when I say this, but I'm so glad that I finally have hips...et al.!!! :0)
adios!
p.s. I can't figure out why blogger is beasting out my picture format. It looks so crazy when published, but I can't fix it!!!arggghhh!
5 comments:
Your bump is way too cute. Keep those feet up and stay out of the heat! You look amazing...
you should enter america's next top PREGNANT model
aw shucks!
you guys are too nice...thank you for your kind words!
hey renata! you look awesome! where's that 30 lbs you're mentioning?! keep your feet up and wear open-toed shoes. can't wait to see you and introduce our two bumps :) Leia
hey pretty girl! i miss you!!!
Post a Comment