So, I'm going to try to post more consistantly now that I have some pictures to share with everyone...I know--I've said that before, right? Well, this time I mean it.


And here is a shot of the massive insanity that occured when I got home! Seriously, you can't tell in the photo because I have stacked a lot of stuff on top of other stuff (I know, very descriptive, right? blame it on the pregnancy brain), but there are so many clothes that this girl has. I really don't think we'll be needing anything for at least the first 3 months of her life!...assuming she's a reasonably-sized infant, that is.

Please note the fresh apple green walls (I think the real color is called asparagus or something like that). We have finally finished redecorating our bedroom and I am so happy! It's so lovely to have a room that you view as your own personal sanctuary. Now, we just need to add a screaming baby to the mix!
I don't have any pictures of the baby shower from my job, but everyone graciously chipped in and bought our baby swing...so, just a few more things and we're all set to go!
Random family pictures:


Yep, that's me...42 pounds and counting!!! I love my curves!!!
On another note, my life is quickly turning into crazy town. I defended my dissertation proposal on August 4th and passed (YAY!!!), which technically makes me Dr. Hilson (ABD, all-but-dissertation)...and I stress the BD part emphatically. Of course I'm excited to have passed this milestone in my academic career, but to be honest, I'm just glad that I have made it to a good stopping point. So, now comes a semester-long leave of absence to take care of Baby 8. Hopefully the "time off" will trigger a new love for all things research and I will hit the ground running sometime near the end of January...if not, I guess I'll trudge through as always.
Speaking of running, my dear old hubby won't be doing any of that any time soon. Why, you ask? Because he TORE his achilles tendon...3 weeks ago. We got a misdiagnosis then and he's been walking on it for nearly a month. Finally, we saw an orthopaedic specialist (because the swelling hasn't really gone down one bit) and he scheduled him for surgery immediately (Monday morning)...So, it's great that we caught the injury when we did because long-term damage can occur as a result of not having this injury surgically repaired. However, the timing couldn't be more crazy. He will be in either a boot or a cast for a total of 9 weeks, unable to put pressure or weight on the foot for 6 weeks and unable to drive for 9 weeks. Not to mention the fact that physical therapy will have to be going on during this time...yikes!!! So, I ask you...who is going to drive us to the hospital? Yellow Cab anyone?
My next post will be exclusively belly shots. I have been taking them pretty regularly, but I just need to post them, so the next post is for you Mama T!
0 comments:
Post a Comment