9.14.2009

My baby is a toddler :0( !!!

So it hit me this morning. My baby is no longer a baby (well, she's still in diapers, so that's still up for debate). We had a fantastic 1st birthday rubber duckie extravaganza at my house on Saturday (I'll post party pictures later), but it was so much fun. Complete with sack races, hula hoop contests, cupcakes and the most awesome rubber duckie bathtub cake ever!


i'd like to thank auntie lux vega, shelly, all the wonderful guests, and especially my mom for coming to my house, decorating everything, her wonderful crawfish bread, and giving my baby girl more love than she could handle at times :0)

I'm so sad that kr is growing up so fast, but at the same time i'm overjoyed at the thought of new experiences and milestones she's going to reach.

Next week she's being moved up to the 1 year-old classroom. Her new school requires that she's exclusively on a sippy cup (no bottle), walking on her own (check!), and no pacifier...now that was a real doozie.

I took an entire week off work when she was sick at the beginning of this month. With the presure of knowing that I had only 1 month to get her off the paci, I realized that since she wasn't feeling well and was crying all day anyway, I may as well use that time to wean her off the paci...well, turns out she went cold turkey. i just felt bad about giving it to her at night then taking it away the next morning, so when she woke up, it magically disappeared from her crib and that was all she wrote.

I have noticed that she's a little more whiny lately and sometimes she has full out throw-herself-to-the-floor tantrums, but hey at least she gets promoted in school!

Here are some pictures of her this morning ON HER BIRTHDAY!!!



Oh, and yes, that's 4 new teeth you see growing in.

1 comments:

The Balimas said...

Happy Birthday, K-Ro! You look soooo adorable in your birthday shirt! Samir sends big kisses and hugs your way. Have lots of fun today, and be sure to tell your mommy how wonderful she is :)

Love,
Leia, Aiman, and Samir