Apparently, last week there was some craziness going on at the Greenforest Early Learning Center. If I have to get to work really early, KR has to be dropped off in Ms. Williams' room...the two-2 1/2 year old room, until her teacher arrives at 8:30...well, this particular day, her regular teacher was sick...and she was not really feeling the whole substitute teacher thing, so Ms. Williams let her hand out with the older kids that day...
When it was 9:15am potty time, Kennedy filed in the potty room with all the other girls and did her morning (post-oatmeal) thing with all the other girls and got wiped and pulled up her pants ALL BY HERSELF with all the other girls...sometimes peer pressure is good, no?
So, to support her on her new found 16-month old independence, we took a mommy and me trip to target to pick out a potty seat...I absolutely detest pottys (-ies?)...the ones where you have to clean out the bottom bucket after the kid is done...that is waaaaaay worse than changing a diaper, so I was pleased to find these little seats that fit on top of a regular toilet...along with her Princess Tiana footstool (I am obsessed), it's a match made in heaven!
She now says "bobby" (read: potty) at random times, not when she actually has to go, but usually after she has gone...we're working on that...PLUS, she loves sesame street, so during every single one of our daily fun stints in the bathroom (I try to limit it to 2-3...just to keep it fun), she says "Melmo" (translation: Elmo) like a bazillion times...she also points to and says "cookie" since the cookie monster on her potty seat is still in love with trans fats, even though the one on tv says "Cookies are a sometimes food, but fruits and vegetables are every day foods" (whatever!), "bubble" ...and "Duck" and "quack"...since Ernie is apparently still in love with bath time and rubber duckies..."Bee-Boo" (big bird) is also a favorite...although no one can touch her beloved Melmo.
In no way did I plan on starting potty training this early...for developmental reasons, and because diapers are just so much more convenient! You don't have to pull over 20 times on road trips, yada yada...however, this little girl is interested, if nothing else...and she has already starting asserting her independence...we are well into the 'terrible two" tantrums...seriously, i mean all out banging her head on the floor!!! HELP!!!

...AND I love the Saints...great game fellas!
3 comments:
niiiice! independent and steadfast like her mommy! love it! potty training rocks!
Way to go, KR! Samir is also showing lots of interest and says "pee pee" or "kaka" right after he's done it. The nanny gives me these hilarious calls thorughout the day to say she chased him around the house trying to get him on the potty in time, but she wasnt fast enough. As for the Balima household, we have the traditional "pot" that has to be cleaned out. The nanny and I went shopping for it 2 weeks ago. It cost all of $2.50. But I'm totally buying one of the seats like KR has when we come home for vacation. It's already on my shopping list for Target!
Missing you, Renata! Let's have a skype date soon! soooo much to tell you...
Hey Nadi, thanks for reading my blog. Im happy to hear your opinion, anytime! And overjoyed to hear from another Renata.
Anyway, I just wish that we could really be colorblind one day...and I think it may just happen. I dont want to celebrate models/singers/presidents/etc just because of their skin color, I want to celebrate them for talent/beauty/goodness!! I would never want to be defined as a "white blogger" (stupid example) so I dont want to define someone else as, say, a "black fashion model"...know what I mean?
Anyway, I often ask for opinions because I really want to know, so PLEASE share anytime!!
Cheers,
Renata
Scorpiondisco.blogspot.com
Post a Comment