7.13.2009

I got a surprise phone call the other day from my buddy LIB, who now lives in Zambia, saying that she would be in the Atlanta airport for a brief layover...I haven't seen my buddy in nearly 2 years, so I picked up KR from daycare and booked it to Heartsfield.

KR finally got to meet SGB, her betrothed (lol)! SGB is 2 months older than KR and is the cutest little boy on the face of God's green earth!!! I'm so glad I got to see them, even if it was only for 10 minutes.



In other news, the weather in ATL has been wonderful lately. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's H-O-T, around 80-85, but not quite the nasty, sweaty 99 degrees it usually is. So, on my "dissertation day" (friday), I packed up the books early and picked up KR to visit a nearby park. She loved this bouncy car thingy:


...and since no one was around, I wasn't shy about getting on with her and bouncing too!



...then we tried the slide. She wasn't a fan. As you can see, she just wanted to get back on the bouncy car.


...not a fan of the spinning teacup...although I don't blame her...I've always hated that ride at Disney World.


...we took a break and shared some fruit on the grass...



...she didn't really like the feeling of dry, brittle grass on her hands. I guess she was wondering why the carpet was so prickly?...

...so, we moved back to the playground, to the swings this time...


...and she wanted to go back to the grass

...she REALLY wanted to go back to the grass...I mean, look at this face!


Oh well, all is not lost...the next day we went back to the same playground and she really loved the swing!


It's so hard to believe that tomorrow, my baby will be 10 months old...only 2 months until her 1st birthday! Time really flies!

1 comments:

Amy said...

both babies are adorable!! I tried emailing you this but the message came back as undeliverable:

I loved my class reunion - but as I posted, I keep in touch with a fair number of the girls still. It was still really fun to see what the other people that I don't keep in touch with were up to though!

I actually legally cannot start a bag blog if I use that pattern - it is for personal use only and I probably would get sued by Ms. Amy Butler if I did! However, if you want me to make you one, you could just buy the supplies and I would! :)