7.06.2009

Well, in keeping with my home improvement posts, I've finally gotten around to painting KR's high chair black!!! Can you tell how much she loves it? Or maybe it's just the yogurt she now devours on a daily basis?


Now I'm on the market for monogram stencils so I can put her initials on the head rest in white (and maybe a white seat cushion for her wee bum)...


If you don't already know, KR has moderate eczema. In a good week, she can bathe and play in the tub every day and I only have to apply her medicated cream once, usually in the morning. BUT, but in a bad week, (like last week), I have to spot bathe her to keep her skin out of water as much as possible and apply her cream two-three times daily. Usually her face is the most severely affected part of her body. That's probably why her legs and face are two different shades of brown...medicated cream+sunlight=discoloration. Plus, I haven't found a sunscreen yet that's safe and mild enough for her to use without having another exzema flare-up!!! Thankfully I've found an excellent cream that's non-steroid. It's pretty new on the market b/c most eczema creams are steroid-based...it's unfortunately pretty expensive though (read $55 per tube!!!)

Here's a pic of her holding her beloved skin cream. Yes, when it's $55, it's multifunctional and doubles as a lovie!


On the 4th of July KR rediscovered our bathroom mirror. I think I've detailed this little one's passion for all things KR in previous posts, but here's another example of how limitless ones self-esteem can be.




...seriously, she does this all the time...anytime you walk past a mirror, you must stop so she can kiss herself.

Happy belated independence day everyone!!!

...nothing says morning like milk and a swing!






2 comments:

Ali said...

In regards to home decoration--do you follow Amy's blog? She is the QUEEN of all things home deco, and I bet has some kind of good idea about the monogramming too. (or have you checked out etsy.com?)

Now on to the eczema--you cannot tell at all from the pictures. It's hard when she is just so darn cute. :) Have you tried California baby sunscreen? It is pretty mild without too many ingredients. I am sure you have probably tried enough products to start your own store! Oh, and babies love all things that are not meant to be baby toys. It's true--$55 cream as a lovey is classic.

And a belated congrats on the new house! It sounds like you are inside the perimeter? Let's talk playdates sometime. How does your summer look in general? Are you still working in the Emory area?

Anonymous said...

What yougart(sp?) are you feeding Kennedy? I tried the organic Soybaby and Anthony hated it! Any suggestions?
Congrats on the new house! Sounds like you have lots of room that is lond overdue :)
Ruhi