12.12.2008

Updates galore!

So, I have to keep this as brief as possible because, guess what?


I'M BACK AT WORK!!!

My first day back was on Wednesday and, let's just say that it has been quite an adjustment (read: it sucks). I really miss my baby. I did a couple of trial runs at daycare on Monday and Tuesday just for a few hours so that she wouldn't be in total shock over her first 7 hour day. So far, she seems to be doing pretty well. The first two days were terrible and she cried a lot, then I brought her bouncy seat from home so she'd have something familiar to play with and that seems to have helped a lot.

One of the most difficult things is making friends with Medela...if you don't know what that is, thank your lucky stars, because I dread the torture fest that has to go down every 2 hours. I am not lucky enough to have my own office, so I have to pack up my belongins (machine) and head downstairs to the p-level to lock myself up in the janitor's closet turned lactation room located in the women's restroom (of all places, yuck!). It's not too horrible...someone has placed some pretty cool reading material and a neat lamp to set the mood and fool us into thinking we're relaxed while hearing toilets flush every 30 seconds.

Anyway, it's worth it and I had to get over it quite quickly... because if I don't do it, my child won't eat tomorrow!

Thanksgiving was wonderful, we went to New Orleans to visit my family and KR and I stayed an extra week to hang out with my grandparents at their "country cottage" in M-I-crooked letter- crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-hump back-hump back-I!!! We flew back and KR slept the entire time. I upgraded to business class at the last minute because I was afraid of getting stuck in the midle seat with a screaming baby and hundreds of evil eyes concentrating their negative energy my way. Turns out I could have saved $50 because she was perfection...the people behind us didn't even know I had a baby until we stood up to get off the plane. On a sad note, baby KR has an ear infection! She has had it for a while and we are trying our darndest to get rid of it, but so far no luck. I am taking her to a pediatric ENT on Tuesday to see a specialist so he can use his magic tools to hoover her ear clean and decide what to do after that...I have tons of pictures and videos that I really want to post from thanksgiving, but (as usual) I forgot my camera at home...so, these will have to do:
The newest sleeping position, hands tucked under belly and rear end in the air...Funny enough, she has manged to roll herself over tummy-to-back twice since Thanksgiving...does anyone know if that's normal at this age, or if she's just doing it accidentally?
If you can't see, her onesie says: "this is my little black dress"...thanks auntie CC
And my personal favorite "Preppy Kid" look...man, I miss her so much!

1 comments:

Crystal Artis said...

so good to see kr and know that you're alive and well! it's crazy to think you're back at work! it seems like just yesterday it was 9/14!!!! love you! miss you! tell kennedy the word of the day is obstinate. *-)