Hello all,
Well, it was a busy weekend for the Crazy 8s, but one of the highlights was definitely my glider purchase. All I have to say is "thank goodness for Craigslist!!!" I bought a barely used white glider and ottoman with light green cushions for the whopping sum of $50!
If you're unsure whether this is a bargain, lets just say that I haven't been able to find anything for under $150.
Today marks the beginning of week 19 and I am really feeling some movement from baby 8. For instance, my wonderful but bat-out-of-hell-driving husband scared me to death driving to work this morning and little 8 did not like the rush of adrenaline that pierced our hearts. He was sure to let me know that--in no uncertain terms--he never wants me to be scared again...at least not in the next 41/2 -ish months.
Our next appointment (the big ultrasound one) is in three days. Over the weekend, I teied to convince myself that this baby is a little girl. I'm ok with it now and I can even count several reasons why having a girl will be a good thing.
1) I'm a pro at pigtails and braids
2) The clothes and shoes are prettier
3) I think I understand all the crazy emotions that she will feel at some point in her lifetime
4) If it's a boy, I'm pretty sure he'll have the same behavioral issues his dad had growing up (let's just say that it would not be an easy road discipline-wise)
5) Sugar and spice, blah, blah, blah...
Although I'd still prefer to add some testosterone to the mix in our house, I think I'll be ok (and absolutely in love) either way.
2 comments:
yay for baby 8! lol i'm excited about your glider purchase and i imagine it's a rocker of some sort for you and little artis (unisex, baby, unisex). i'll be in atl soon to take lots of pictures of your belly (okay, okay and your face too!) be well! see you soon! i (heart) you!
Craigslist rocks!
Post a Comment