4.08.2008

My weekend...

First, let me just say congratulations to my little brother R. For those of you who don't know, R started playing the trombone in his middle school band (he's in the 6th grade) in September. Now, here it is just 7 months later and he has moved up from 5th chair to 1st! He was invited to attend the Solo/Ensemble Festival in Memphis last week and he found out yesterday that he received a 1 (superior rating)!!! I'm so proud of him and I'm really happy that he's taking to music.


This weekend, I went to my good friend T's wedding. She did such a beautiful job planning her wedding. She hired a 40-member gospel choir to sing at the wedding and the acoustics in the room gave everyone goosebumps...it was so beautiful. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until someone emails pictures to me because our camera batteries died. I do have some other pictures from our trip (we took a detour on the way home and stopped in Savannah and Tybee Island):

It was a great trip overall and a wonderful vacation for us...we really needed it!

3 comments:

Crystal Artis said...

you look so beautiful, mama!!!!

Ali said...

The bottom picture is great! I can just sense how glowing you must be in person. I hope we can run in to each other in Atlanta, soon.

The Shirley's said...

You are SO CUTE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that you are blogging so that I can feel like I am getting to see you go through this amazing journey. I love you and I pray all continues to go well!
love ya
RAndi