4.24.2008

Ultrasound news:

BABY 8 IS A GIRL!!!



And, believe it or not, I couldn't be happier. I know I went on and on about how much we needed more male-ness in our house but something just clicks inside you when you see your wee little one kicking, squirming, and shimmying on that black and white screen. So, her pictures are below and I'll try to interpret them for you:



Working from left to right and moving down the page...
1) The 1st picture is a head-on shot of Baby 8's face. The two knobs on either side of her head are her elbows. The ultrasound tech couldn't find her hands for a while (she needed to count her fingers) because this little diva had her hands propped behind her head with her elbows out (picture an old man relaxing on the couch while watching football)!

2) The 2nd picture is of her left leg and foot...She's a long one. Not that I expected anything different given I'm 5'11 and Daddy 8 is nearly 6'3! The white mark on her leg is her femur and the little spot that her foot is resting on is her other foot...can you imagine? A 20-week old fetus relaxing in the womb with her hands behind her head, her knees bent, and one foot propped on the other...craziness! I'm in for it with this one!

3) The third picture is a close-up of her left foot resting on the right...Now I wear a size 11 and Daddy 8 wears a size 13...needless to say, Baby 8 is doomed to don shoeboxes all her life!

4) Picture #4 is a wierd resolution picture meant to view her skull and check for a cleft palate...clear

5) #5 and #6 are neat profile shots including ribs, spine, and skull bone!


1) The first picture in this set is of my sweet baby girl kissing the placenta!...I take it as a personal thanks for all the wonderful food I've been providing her with over the last 5 months :0)

2) The second picture is another profile shot...the way the wand was angled makes it look as though my baby has a Charlie Brown head!!! Yikes!

3) And finally, the money shot...here's my baby showing the world that she's a girl...the thing you see between her legs and curving off to the right of the screen is the umbilical cord.

Enough said, but we're definitely going to have to work on her modesty!

Overjoyed is not a strong enough word to describe the love that sprung up in my heart when I saw this little one dancing in my womb. She was literally kicking her feet (both of them) and shaking her head a the same time...That makes it hard for the US techs to measure what they're supposed to measure, but it was certainly a wonderful reassurance that my body is doing its job. It also confirms for me that God has his hands on this baby and He's continuing to bless her and my pregnancy with ease, joy, comfort and contentment.





5 comments:

Ali said...

CONGRATS! Isn't that 20 week u/s just amazing??? Can you believe she is inside of you? I am just so tickled for you! Perhaps "Linus" can take her out on a date. ha ha! What blessed news...

Amy said...

Congratulations! She is going to be as beautiful as her mom! How amazing are ultrasounds?!

Silky Jess said...

Those pictures are great, and I love that she is diva-esque! Don't worry about the Charlie Brown head--the little ones all look like little kidney beans with monster noggins at that point. Even though you were hoping for a little more testosterone in the house, I am sure you are all thrilled at the thought of a little baby girl bouncing around your house.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and the entire family! I'm thrilled that your pregnancy is going so well. Already your little sweet pea is cute, and she's not even outta the womb yet!

Continued blessings to you and your daughter....

The Shirley's said...

I am so excited for you guys! I cant wait to see her little face!