3.03.2008

Spring Resolution...

So, I didn't make a New Year's resolution for 2008. I have established a pattern of irresponsibility on the resolution front because no matter what I resolve to do it gets tossed out the window before Black History month even begins! Instead, I will now try to make seasonal resolutions.

My spring resolution is to eat healthier. I really want to do this the right way because I'm no longer eating just for myself. I want to make sure I'm getting plenty of fat and calories, but I no longer want my nutritional content to come from things like Snickers or Peanut M&Ms. This is pretty difficult for me seeing as how I generally don't like eating things that are uncooked (i.e. salad). I like fruit, but I tend to favor blackened food, or things that have been marinated in cajun seasoning and/or jalapenos for 2 days or more.


Nevertheless, today is day 1 (not counting breakfast) and here's what I'm about to eat for lunch:

Yes, that is a salad. I walked over to the undergrad campus cafeteria and made it myself--thank you very much!
Its romaine lettuce and baby spinach with carrots, cheese, broccoli, tomatoes, chick peas, and balsamic vinegarette dressing!
Its pretty tasty, especially with my new obsession (whole wheat Ritz crackers), but I have no doubt that I will hungry 2.5 seconds after finishing this feast.
No worries though, I have some soup, nutri-grain bars, almonds, and peanut butter at my desk...believe it or not, I'll find a way to make a sandwich out of that!
I'll post pictures of E's party from this weekend sometime soon...I just have to figure out how to get them all off my blackberry. It was so much fun!
(skates+children) / 3(adults who shouldn't be on skates)=INSANITY!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Yay! I can post! Congrats on the family...ALL of them. I am so excited to follow you through the world of bloggosphere as well. Good luck on the healthy eating! I am now just trying to get back on that horse. 4 months of lemonade and bagels and cream cheese. My diet was so "blonde," and it is hard to give up. I have found, though, that I don't like baby carrots right now. Congrats again!

The Mind Whisperer said...

I hope I'm not one of those 3 adults on skates...lol

Nadi said...

Hi Ali:
I'm so glad you guys can finally post...I'm so slow when it comes to techy things!!!
This healthy eating thing is really for the birds...the other night for dinner (same night as the salad mind you) I had a turkey hot dog with a sliced boiled egg, ketchup, and mustard on top!!!
GROSS!!! (but it was so good!)

Nadi said...

Tiffany:
I'm going to post the birthday pictures soon (tonight or tomorrow)...and you'll be able to see for yourself that YOU ARE one of the 3!!! :0)
At least you didn't fall, right?
R