Hi Everyone,
If you haven't already seen this speech recently made by Senator Barak Obama, I'd like to encourage you to take some time and watch it. It's just over 30 minutes long so you probably won't be able to get away with this one at work. I also want to encourage you all to comment on this video/speech. I have some pretty strong opinions about many of the issues the senator discussed, but I really would love to hear what you all think...
3.20.2008
A more perfect union...what do you think?
Posted by Nadi at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi! I know you don't know me...but I'm great friends with Randi Shirley and that's how I stumbled across your blog! I just want to say that I really really like Barack Obama, and out of all the candidates, he is the one that seems to be most passionate about change, and somehow I just believe he will make it happen! And we need change so desparately...I really hate discussing politics, especially here in the south. So it's great to find another person who supports him despite what the media is trying to do to his reputation. Yes we can!
:)
Hi Whitney,
I know you and Randi are great friends...thanks so much for your support. Its nice to know that there are people who read my blog(other than my friends who probably feel obliged to support me)...
I feel that he's definitely the stronger of the two democratic candidates...not to get to politicky, but I really have issues with mandating universal healthcare (a la the Clinton camp). Of course, all people should be given equal access to care, but when the government starts dictating our healthcare coverage, we're in for some serious trouble...can you imagine the paperwork? Not to mention the change in coverage for some routine procedures that may be morally opposed by some and not others...it'll be a huge mess.
Anyway, not to rant, but thanks again for your comment!
Take care,
R
Yes, I totally agree with you on the mandating health coverage Clinton wants for us. Scary. You know many of my republican friends believe Clinton and Obama's Health Care policies are the same...what??! I have found myself explaining this more and more lately. Obama's policy takes care of so much of the cost of health care problem, without mandating it for everyone so we can still have quality of care. Anywho, have a great weekend!!
Post a Comment